10 March 2010

this is krakow

I was only in Krakow for a few hours, but the city stuck itself firmly in my heart and memory. It was a cold, dark, magical winter wonderland. Bustling with life and vitality, but serene and dreamy. And friendly, drawing you in, coaxing you to explore further. I hope someday I will be able to go back. Thought we've only met once, I have the feeling Krakow and I will reunite like old friends.

This is what I saw when I was there.

The architecture.


The Christmas markets on the main square.


It's probably a good thing I was only there at night. It was so dreamlike, the entire city probably disappeared with the morning light.


Not joking. It really might have all disappeared after I left.
Like an enchanted city in a fairytale...

"When the Lord brought back the captives to Zion, we were like men who dreamed." Psalm 126:1

No comments:

Post a Comment