14 October 2010

if the whole body were an eye

"But in fact God has placed the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be. If they were all one part, where would the body be?" 1 Corinthians 12:18-19

I have had many thoughts lately about this verse. Here is an excerpt from something I read today by Lisbeny Duran. More thoughts coming on this one.

"While some of us are called to impact the world in a tremendous and notable way, or to lead a megachurch in a huge city, some of us may also be called to resolve the conflict in the everyday, be it the widow down the street, the children who need a tutor in the local elementary, or the depressed girl who attends church every once in a while. Because honestly, if all of us were pastors and leaders, who would they lead?

I do not know if my calling is right here, or if God wants me on the other side of the world. But wherever it is that I am meant to be, I'm learning, bit by bit, day by day, how to open my heart up to it and accept the imminent and inevitable change."

1 comment:

  1. Sorry for the delayed response. Yes, I do have a dresser. It has been sitting in the garage for months, so it needs a little love, but nothing a good cleaning and paint job can't fix. Let me know if they still need something!

    ReplyDelete